uwf banner 2004-2005 CATALOG  
Table of Contents
Telephone Directory
Academic Calendars
     Year 2004/2005
     Fall Semester 2004
     Spring Semester 2005
     Summer Semester 2005
University Mission
Degrees, Areas of Specialization,

After Admission
Financial Assistance
Student Activities
Student Services and Resources
Tuition and Fees
Military and Veterans Information
Registration and Records
Academic Policies
Graduation and General Degree

Public Service and Research Centers
College Mission Statements
Undergraduate Degree Programs
Master's Degree Programs
Specialist Degree Programs
Doctoral Degree Programs
Course Numbering System
Course Listings and Descriptions
Academic Policies
Academic Misconduct
Academic Standing
Certificate Programs
Choice of Catalog
Class Attendance
College Level Academic Skills Test (CLAST)
Common Program Prerequisites
Foreign Language Requirement
General Studies Requirements
Grading System
Honor Rolls
Multicultural Requirement
Nontraditional Credit
Recency of Credit
Residency Requirement
Summer Semester 9-Hour Rule
Transfer Credit
Upper-Division Status
Waiver and Appeals Policies
Writing and Mathematics Requirements (Gordon Rule)
Writing Skills Requirement
Change of Major or Area of Specialization
Undergraduate students (including lower-division students) must complete a "Major/Minor Change Request" form to enter a different major or second undergraduate degree program. Program approval is determined by the appropriate department chairperson. Students who change majors have a choice of meeting the major degree requirements of the Catalog in effect at the time of change of major or at graduation. Students should be aware of admission requirements for limited access programs. Students on probation and students returning from suspension may apply for a change of major. However, approval of the change of major is granted by the chairperson of the prospective department. Students should contact the chairperson for guidance.

Graduate students desiring new programs must complete new applications for graduate admissions. Contact the Office of Admissions for further information.

Doctoral Program
Faculty in individual specialization areas review, approve, or deny admission of students who apply to a selected area. A student is admitted into the Ed.D. program when a specialization area admits a student into the specialization. Students admitted and enrolled in course work in the Ed.D. program, choosing to change their specialization area, must reapply for admission to the Ed.D. program through the Office of Admissions. Students must complete requirements in effect at the time of admission.

Degree-Seeking to Non-Degree Status
Once a student is granted undergraduate degree-seeking status, change to non-degree status is not permitted until the baccalaureate degree is earned.

Dual Major
To graduate with a dual major, students must declare a major in each department and/or college and be assigned an advisor in each discipline. Upon departmental acceptance, students must complete a "Dual Major" form available in the Office of the Registrar. When a dual major is requested, the Catalog year for both majors will be the current Catalog year. A dual major does not require a minimum number of hours beyond those necessary for completing each degree requirement. Requirements for both majors must be completed prior to the degree being awarded. After successful completion of all requirements for both majors, students will be awarded one degree (B.A. or B.S.) with both majors listed on the transcript. Students should contact the Office of the Registrar for eligible dual listed degree programs or for additional information.