Grammar Live @ 5 Schedule
- The skills are offered only on the dates specified below.
- Contact the the Main Writing Lab for more information about Grammar Live @ 5.
- The letters a and b beside a week indicate that two different skills are offered that week. Check your Student Lab Work Form to see which skills you need.
- Out of the 10 weeks the Lab offers hourly grammar sessions, four of those weeks are two-skill weeks, meaning you might have to attend two sessions during those weeks.
- Click on the skills to review the grammar rules.
Week the Grammar Skill is Normally Offered
|Grammar Skill||Date and Time of Grammar Live @ 5 Session|
|Week 3||Commas||Monday, January 29, at 5:00 p.m.|
|Week 4a||Semicolons & Colons||Monday, February 5, at 5:00 p.m.|
|Week 4b||Sentence Errors: Comma Splices, Run-ons, and Fragments||Monday, February 5, at 6:00 p.m.|
|Week 5||Subject-Verb Agreement||Monday, February 12, at 5:00 p.m.|
|Week 6||Pronoun Reference & Antecedent Agreement||Monday, February 19, at 5:00 p.m.|
|Week 7||Pronoun Case||Monday, February 26, at 5:00 p.m.|
|Week 8||Diction: Commonly Confused/Misused Words||Monday, March 5, at 5:00 p.m.|
|Week 9||Possessives/Apostrophes||Monday, March 19, at 5:00 p.m.|
|Week 10a||Dangling and Misplaced Modifiers||Monday, March 26, at 5:00 p.m.|
|Week 10b||Verb Forms and Tenses||Monday, March 26, at 6:00 p.m.|
|Week 11a||Faulty Comparisons||Monday, April 2, at 5:00 p.m.|
|Week 11b||Parallelism||Monday, April 2, at 6:00 p.m.|
|Week 12a||Adjective and Adverb Use||Monday, April 9, at 5:00 p.m.|
|Week 12b||Capitalization, Italicization, Hyphenation, & Quotation Technique||Monday, April 9, at 6:00 p.m.|