CAS Strategic Goals/Objectives for 2007-8
- Work with Senate to evaluate general education program and its quality
- Examine the university diversity requirement and develop the assessment component of that offering
- Roll out the streams of the Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Collaborate with the other colleges on possible conference regarding military needs
- Fully develop SPLASH-Downtown and Emerald Coast
- Examine implications of SSE redesign in readiness for building
- Participate fully in the quality discussions about online and F2F teaching unfolding with the Senate
- Refine the chair evaluation protocol.
- Promote a departmental syllabus review to ensure that the ALCs are reflected across course offerings.
- Design and implement some incentive practices to promote effective enrollment management and accountability
- Develop retention strategies to help graduation rates
- Revisit outreach strategies to built community relationships.
- Distribute work of Associate Dean on leave through strategic assignments
- Examine how to decentralize aspects of budget management to the departments
- Revisit the graduate thesis oversight process
- Improve attendance by faculty at graduation events.
- Articulate a protocol for student grievances when faculty are inaccessible or unavailable.
- Define levels of performance in relation to P&T discussion at department level
- Provide effective mentoring for new chairs and new faculty
- Explore ways to enhance vibrancy of the intellectual climate.
- Conduct some information sessions on managing faculty-student boundaries.