Master of Public Health: Careers in Public Health
Resources for Finding a Career in Public Health
Students in the MPH program are encouraged to identify prospective jobs of interest early in their program. Start with your MPH Academic Advisor and fellow students for advise on early career planning and a heads-up on recently posted opportunities. Also, review each of the resources on this page, and make a phone call now if a posting peaks your interest. It is never too early to talk with prospective employers and ask if internship opportunities are available as a way to get a possible foot in the door for the job you really want upon graduation! Also, be sure to visit UWF's Career Services pages often for announcements of upcoming job fairs in the regional area.
|Register for these *FREE* Job Services|
Student Job Resource Center
Public Health Employment Connection
Suggestions from UWF's MPH Steering Committee
When you begin the MPH program, we'll ask you to add each of these sites to your Favorites so you can track jobs in your preferred geographic area:
- Department of Health - search your state-wide job postings, such as Florida's Department of Health
- Top Jobs at the CDC and the CDC's Current Job Openings - explore the CDC website and use search options for overseas opportunities
- Local Chamber of Commerce - locate the Chamber in your region for local job opportunities
- Local Government - search your county or city site for referrals to job resource sites
Help from UWF
To prepare for the internship and post-graduation job opportunities, MPH students are also required to register early with:
- UWF's Career Services and JasonQuest - schedule a meeting with Career Services to prepare/update your resume and cover letter and register free with JasonQuest for alerts! Career Services at UWF Emerald Coast is also available to you.
- Student Job Resource Center - register free to receive alerts!
- - network with your peers about opportunities!
- ASPH's publichealthjobs.net - join their FREE Public Health Employment Resource
- Public Health Employment Connection
If you are a prospective student for the MPH program, please feel free to register with these job services early to learn more about careers in this field.
Examples of Employers and Job Titles
- Review Pfizer's Guide to Careers in Public Health: Advancing Healthy Populations.
- See additional suggestions from the Association of Schools of Public Health.