Your Responsibilities as a Student Participant
Before you decide to participate in a research project, it is important that you understand your responsibilities as a student research participant.
- Be There. Should you choose to participate in the research pool, you have a responsibility to show up at your scheduled time and to follow the instructions of the researcher or research assistant to the best of your ability. Remember, each student who fails to attend a scheduled appointment takes the place of another student that could have attended. If you miss more than 3 scheduled appointments, then you will be prohibited from signing up for additional studies. However, you will still be able to complete alternative assignments to earn ArgoPoints. Cancel your appointment on SONA at least 24 hours before the time of the appointment if you know that you cannot make it. This will give another student the opportunity to earn research credits at that time.
- Be On Time. Because many research participants are scheduled consecutively or back-to-back, it is very important that you arrive on time to your scheduled appointment. If you must be late, please contact the researcher or research assistant to ensure that you will have enough time to participate. It may be necessary to reschedule your appointment for a better time.
- Speak Up. During research participation, it is important that you speak up if you decide that you want to discontinue your participation. This will not result in any loss of benefits to you. The only way that a researcher or research assistant will know that you want to cease participation is if you speak up and inform them.
- Ask Questions. If at any point you have questions or concerns about the study, please contact the researcher or research assistant so that they may address them. If you do not feel comfortable contacting them or if you feel that you have been unfairly treated or violated during research participation, please contact the UWF Institutional Review Board immediately at email@example.com or at (850) 474-2824. The UWF IRB exists to ensure that people are protected during research participation. Every research study that is included in the research pool has been IRB approved and must abide by strict guidelines.
- Understand ArgoPoints. There are several guidelines that must be followed when earning ArgoPoints and when translating them into extra credit. Be sure to read these guidelines before choosing to earn ArgoPoints.
Back to "Steps for Earning ArgoPoints"