Completing an Alternative Assignment
Deadline for Participating with a Research Article: November 14th
Choose one article from the approved list of articles. Click here for the approved list of articles. Remember, one essay is equal to 1 ArgoPoint.
If you have multiple courses accepting ArgoPoints, decide which course you would like to apply your ArgoPoint to.
Write an article summary for the article you have chosen from the approved list. Follow these guidelines when writing your papers.
- Include a cover page that includes your full name, your instructor’s name, course number, reference number (check your syllabus!), the authors of the article, and the title of the article.
- Two (2) typed, double-spaced pages. Please use 12-pt standard font (e.g., Times New Roman).
- In the paper, you should:
- Focus on the role of the participant. What was it like to be a participant in the study? Who were the participants? What were they asked to do? You should discuss the participants, procedures, and methods used.
- Briefly describe the purpose of the study. What was the primary research question? Did the authors adequately address that question? What was the main conclusion? Do you feel the conclusion was supported by the experiment(s)?
- Do not worry about fully understanding the results section. Focus on the big picture: what was the question, what did they do, what was the main result, what was the conclusion.
- The paper must be written IN YOUR OWN WORDS. No direct quotes will be accepted. Any papers that use direct language from the article will be returned to you and you will be asked to rewrite the paper before you will receive any ArgoPoints. Any other forms of academic misconduct such as resubmitting old essays for credit again or turning in someone else's work as your own in order to obtain credit will not be accepted. Offenses of academic misconduct will be reported to the Dean of Students following the procedures of the Academic Misconduct Policy (http://uwf.edu/academic/policies/misconduct/misconduct.cfm).
Email a copy of your essay to the PRP Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to "Steps for Earning ArgoPoints"