University and Department Admission Requirements
The University of West Florida Graduate School has established a set of graduate admission requirements for all graduate programs at the university.
In addition to these university requirements, the Department of Psychology has the following minimum admission requirements:
- A baccalaureate degree in psychology, or a baccalaureate degree in some other area and completion of at least General Psychology (i.e.: PSY 2013), Research Methods I and II (i.e., PSY3213 and PSY3215), 3 semester hours of Statistics (i.e., STA 2023) and a psychology course in the area of intended master’s emphasis (e.g., Abnormal Psychology or Theories of Personality if applying to the counseling program).
- A course in Learning (e.g., EXP 4404) or Behavior Modification/Analysis is required if you plan to take EXP5705 - Advanced Behavior Modification. Additional courses in Social Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Biological Psychology, and Memory / Cognition are also recommended.
- An earned bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or from an institution accredited by an equivalent accrediting body or a comparable degree from an international institution with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4-point scale, or a 3.0 (GPA) on a 4-point scale on the last 60 hours of coursework in the baccalaureate degree.
- Be in good standing at all previous institutions of higher learning. Students who, for academic or disciplinary reasons, are not eligible to register in the college or university last attended will not be admitted for graduate study.
- Submitted GRE scores for the Quantitative and Verbal portions only. Information about the location of the nearest test center and scheduling appointments for GRE can be obtained from the Sylvan National Registration Center (800-967-1100). Additional information regarding the GRE can be obtained by visiting the GRE website.
Need More Information?
If you need further general information about our graduate program please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-474-2969. For questions about specific issues please contact the appropriate person below:
|Counseling Concentration||Dr. Robert Rotundaemail@example.com|
|Dr. Steven Kassfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Steven Vodanovichemail@example.com|
|Graduate Admissions||Dr. Steven Vodanovichfirstname.lastname@example.org|