How to Apply for Online RN-BSN
Application information for the Online RN-BSN degree
A separate nursing departmental application and admission is required for the RN to BSN student. Admission to the University does not guarantee admission to the RNB program.
Preferred admission is given to students who have completed all other requirements for the University Baccalaureate degree prior to enrolling in the nursing upper division coursework.
- Admission to the University of West Florida.
- Completion of an Associate of Science degree in Nursing, or graduate of a diploma nursing program.
- Documentation of current unencumbered United States Registered Nursing licensure, in all states where student will be residing during matriculation.
- Health Center Immunization forms or waivers submitted.
- Minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.75 in all college credit course work. Students with an overall GPA of 2.5-2.74 may be considered for provisional admission on a space available basis. Provisional admission requires the student to complete the first 12 hours of nursing coursework at a minimum 3.0 achievement in each course. Students with an overall GPA of less than 2.5 will not be considered for admission.
- Minimum grade of "C" in all 8 Florida Common Course Prerequisites applicable to the BSN degree program.
- Completion of an Associate of Arts Degree or completion of UWF General Studies requirements, including Gordon Rule. Please see the catalog for detailed information. May be "in progress".
- Satisfactory completion of the foreign language requirement. May be "in progress".
- Upon admission to the program student must submit an individual Professional Liability Insurance Declaration page. Coverage by employer does NOT meet this requirement.
- Upon admission to the program student must complete the UWF RN-BSN online orientation.
For assistance and advising e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 850-474-2718
The RN to BSN program cannot accommodate students outside the US at this time.
Nursing Application Deadlines
Enrollment is limited in this program and acceptance to the University does not constitute admission to the upper division Nursing Program. A separate application must be made to the department.
|Course Start Date||Departmental Application Deadline*||Departmental Decision Notification**||Registration Deadline||Tuition Deadline||Drop/Add Period|
|August 25, 2014||July 14, 2014||July 25, 2014||August 24, 2014||August 29, 2014||August 25 – 29, 2014|
|October 15, 2014||September 1, 2014||September 12, 2014||October 14, 2014||October 22, 2014||October 15 – 22, 2014|
|January 6, 2015||November 24, 2014||December 5, 2014||November 30, 2014||January 13, 2015||January 6-13, 2015|
|March 2, 2015||January 19, 2015||January 30, 2015||March 1, 2015||March 6, 2015||March 2-7, 2015|
|May 11, 2015||March 30, 2015||April 10, 2015||May 10, 2015||May 15, 2015||May 11-15, 2015|
|June 22, 2015||May 11, 2015||May 22, 2015||June 23, 2015||July 1, 2015||June 22-26, 2015|
*Departmental Application deadline - for an application to be considered for the next admission cohort all of the following must already be in place by this date; this process, at a minimum, takes two weeks so advance planning is essential:
- University admission
- University online orientation
- Health Center clearance
- All transcripts received, evaluated, and recorded by University Admissions
- Departmental application submitted
** After departmental decision notification there is a departmental online orientation to complete, enrollment in Certified Background for document uploading, creation of an Argonet account and email, registration for courses, and acquisition of textbooks prior to the beginning of courses.