How to Apply for Online RN-BSN
Application information for the Online RN-BSN degree
A separate nursing departmental application and admission is required for the RN to BSN student. Admission to the University does not guarantee admission to the RNB program.
Preferred admission is given to students who have completed all other requirements for the University Baccalaureate degree prior to enrolling in the nursing upper division coursework.
- Admission to the University of West Florida.
- Completion of an Associate of Science degree in Nursing, or graduate of a diploma nursing program.
- Documentation of current unencumbered United States Registered Nursing licensure, in all states where student will be residing during matriculation.
- Health Center Immunization forms or waivers submitted.
- Minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.75 in all college credit course work. Students with an overall GPA of 2.5-2.74 may be considered for provisional admission on a space available basis. Provisional admission requires the student to complete the first 12 hours of nursing coursework at a minimum 3.0 achievement in each course. Students with an overall GPA of less than 2.5 will not be considered for admission.
- Minimum grade of "C" in all 8 Florida Common Course Prerequisites applicable to the BSN degree program.
- Completion of an Associate of Arts Degree or completion of UWF General Studies requirements, including Gordon Rule. Please see the catalog for detailed information. May be "in progress".
- Satisfactory completion of the foreign language requirement. May be "in progress".
- Upon admission to the program student must submit an individual Professional Liability Insurance Declaration page. Coverage by employer does NOT meet this requirement.
- Upon admission to the program student must complete the UWF RN-BSN online orientation.
For assistance and advising e-mail email@example.com or call 850-474-2718
The RN to BSN program cannot accommodate students outside the US at this time.
Nursing Application Deadlines
Enrollment is limited in this program and acceptance to the University does not constitute admission to the upper division Nursing Program. A separate application must be made to the department.
|Course Start Date||UWF Application Deadline||Departmental Application Deadline*||Departmental Decision Notification**||Registration Deadline||Tuition Deadline||Drop/Add Period|
|October 15, 2014||August 4, 2014||September 2, 2014||September 12, 2014||October 14, 2014||October 22, 2014||October 15 – 22, 2014|
|January 6, 2015||October 27, 2014||November 24, 2014||December 5, 2014||January 5, 2015||January 13, 2015||January 6-13, 2015|
|March 2, 2015||December 22, 2015||January 19, 2015||January 30, 2015||March 1, 2015||March 6, 2015||March 2-7, 2015|
|May 11, 2015||March 2, 2015||March 30, 2015||April 10, 2015||May 10, 2015||May 15, 2015||May 11-15, 2015|
|June 22, 2015||April 13, 2015||May 11, 2015||May 22, 2015||June 21, 2015||July 1, 2015||June 22-26, 2015|
|August 24, 2015||June 15, 2015||July 13, 2015||July 24, 2015||August 23, 2015||August 28, 2015||August 24-28, 2015|
|October 14, 2015||August 3, 2015||August 31, 2015||September 11, 2015||October 13, 2015||October 21, 2015||October 14-21, 2015|
*Departmental Application deadline - for your departmental application to be considered all of the following must already be in place by this date; this process takes four weeks so advance planning is essential:
- University admission (all transcripts received, evaluated, and recorded by University Office of Admissions)
- Health Center immunization documents or waivers submitted to Health Center.
- Department of Nursing online application submitted for the term you want to begin nursing coursework. If you are accepted for the term you’ve requested and then decline to begin you will need to submit another application.
- Be aware that financial aid may not be available in the summer (May and June). If you are dependent on financial aid it is recommended you determine your financial aid status prior to applying for the summer terms.
** Upon receipt of departmental decision notification you are required to accept the offer of admission within 5 days by enrolling in Certified Background. You will then have the following to complete in preparation for courses to begin (further instructions will be sent with admission notification):
- Apply for personal professional liability insurance (hospital coverage does NOT comply with this requirement)
- Register for coursework
- Activate Argonet accounts and UWF email account
- Complete departmental online orientation
- Complete uploading of all four documents into Certified Background
- Order books for courses (do not wait until the first day of class)
- Prepare to enter course on the first available day. As the courses are 7 weeks in length there will be assignments due during the first week as well as enrollment verification for financial aid.