Application Deadline - CLOSED for 2014-2015
The University Honors Program will be awarding Honors Scholarships to first time in college students. The one-time tuition-only scholarship will be up to $6,000. In-state and out-of-state students are eligible for these awards! In-state students should consider applying for the John C. Pace, Jr. Honors Scholarship.
500-1000 Word Essay Topic:
- For incoming students: How do you think the Honors Program will benefit you?
John C. Pace, Jr. Honors Scholarship
Must participate in the Presidential Scholarship Days to be eligible.
The Pace Honors Scholarship is the University of West Florida's most prestigious academic award for incoming students. Each year since 1994, the University has bestowed Pace Scholarships on many of the best and most accomplished young scholars in the region. These awards are made possible by the generous endowment given to the University by Dr. John C. Pace, Jr. a longtime supporter of the University.
Freshman applicants who are Florida residents in the top of their high school class are eligible to complete the Pace Honors Scholar's application. The committee will give priority to those applicants who demonstrate both outstanding academic achievement and leadership potential.
The Pace Honors Scholar award includes tuition, room in Pace Hall, and meal plan in conjunction with Florida Bright Futures. The awards are renewable for a maximum of eight (8) semesters of continuous enrollment. In Addition, Pace Honors Scholars also receive full funding for an off-campus educational experience. This experience will satisfy one of the Honors course requirements. To be eligible for renewal, Pace Honors Scholars must be enrolled as a fulltime student and be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.25.
- Must be graduating from a Florida high school and admitted for the fall semester.
- Admitted to the University of West Florida and the Kugelman Honors Program by January 1st.
- By invitation only, once a student is offered admission and they meet the Kugelman Honors Program requirements, they are automatically considered to be invited.
- Submit two letters of recommendation addressing the applicant's scholarship, leadership, and high school and community service. Letters should be from a high school administrator or faculty member.