Professor and Administrative & Accreditation Fellow in Academic Affairs
Phone: (850) 474-2536
Office: Bldg. 10
Colonial and Revolutionary Latin America, Latin America Since Independence, Colonial Latin America, and Spanish Borderlands.
Spanish Caribbean, Spanish Borderlands, 18th Century Atlantic World
Current Research Interests
Colonial Catholic Church, Colonial Pensacola
Ph.D., History, Louisiana State University, 1997; M.A., Latin American Studies, 1990; B.S., Marketing, Nicholls State University, 1986.
Awards and Honors
- Teaching Incentive Program Award, 2003
- Freedom Foundation at Valley Forge Book for Historic Pensacola
- Gulf South Historical Association
- Pensacola Historical Society
- St. Michael's Cemetery Foundation
A Cuban Convent in the Age of Enlightened Reform (University Press of Florida 2008)
Historic Pensacola, co-authored with Margo Stringfield (University Press of Florida, 2009)