ECE/PHY Student Mentor Program
The UWF Electrical and Computer Engineering and Physics Student Mentor Program helps to empower future and current engineering and physics students to make positive life choices that enable them to maximize their potential. The mentoring program is committed to supporting, guiding, and being a friend to the engineering and physic student. By becoming part of the social network of student members who care about the future of engineering and physics, a mentor can help you develop and reach positive academic, career, and personal goals.
What is a mentor?
- Helps one to develop and reach positive academic, career, and personal goals.
- Serves as appositive role model and friend.
- Is an effective listener.
- Builds self-esteem and motivation.
- Helps the student learn where to go for help.
- Helps set goals and work toward accomplishing them.
- Is sincere and committed.
- Empowers the student to maximize their potential.