Why Choose Us?
Why Choose an Engineering Degree From UWF? UWF Electrical and Computer engineering students and alumni co-op, intern, and/or work for many well known companies, including NASA, Boeing, Harris Corporation, Gulf Power, General Electric, Proctor and Gamble, BAE Systems, Siemens, Air Force Research Laboratory, and the Department of Defense
What We Offer
- Fully accredited Bachelor of Science degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering by the the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- State-of-the-art laboratories that are updated frequently with the latest technology
- Small student to faculty ratio, which allows our students to spend more quality time with their professors
- Co-op and Internship opportunities with local companies and labs allow you to earn credit and get practical experience in the field.
- Unmanned system teams that compete, and place, in high profile national and worldwide competitions.
- Over 90% of the engineering courses are taught by full-time faculty with Ph.D.'s. Regional experts also teach special topic courses to enhance the curriculum.
- Small, tight knit student community, so you won't get lost in the crowd
- Brand new, state of the art School of Science and Engineering building in Pensacola featuring virtual reality and 3-D classrooms
- Our programs at the Research and Engineering Education Facility (REEF) in Shalimar (Fort Walton Beach), which gives our students the opportunity to work with graduate faculty from the University of Florida
- Merit and need based scholarship opportunities
Who Our Students Are
- Traditional college students in their 20's.
- Students in their 30's and 40's (and older) with families.
- Students living in the dorms and attending college full time.
- Students who own their own homes, work full time, and take a course with us in the evenings.
- Men and women in the military.
- Civilian men and women.
- Students straight out of high school and attending college for the first time.
- Men and women who have been in the workforce for years and want to change their careers.
- People who have aced every math and science course they have ever taken with ease.
- People who have gotten average grades in their math and sciences, but who are very creative and willing to put in a lot of hard work for a satisfying career.
- So what does our student body look like? It looks like you....