Focused on networking and security, the Computer Science Certificate in Cyber Security prepares professionals to become Cyber Security Specialists. In this Certificate students develop technical and problem-solving skills to help organizations defend their network systems.
With a growing government and industry need to protect network assets, this Certificate provides the needed background for professionals with programming background to advance their technical skills and be competitive in today's Cybersecurity industry.
The departmental certificate application should be submitted before the drop/add period of the semester of completion. All courses must have been completed within 5 years of receipt of application with a grade of “C-“ or higher. Download the Application for Certificate Completion here.
To earn a Cybersecurity Certificate, participants must complete 15 hours:
- CNT 4007 Theory and Fundamentals of Networks (3) OR COP 4635 Systems & Networks I (3)
- COP 4610 Theory and Fund of Operating Systems (3) OR COP 4635 Systems & Networks II (3)
- COP 3022 Intermediate Computer Programming (High Level Language) (3)
Choose two of:
- CNT 4403 Computer and Network Security (3)
- CIS 4368 Introduction to Database Security (3)
- CEN 4078 Secure Software Development (3)
View the Computer Science Department's Academic Learning Compact Computer Science.
For more information about this and other exciting certificate opportunities, please see the Certificate Brochure.
Please direct questions to:
Building 4 Room 223