Several financial aid opportunities exist for both undergraduate and graduate students in the Department of Anthropology.
The Department awards most fellowships, scholarships, and assistantships after evaluating all students’ records, and their progress toward the degree. No application process is required for most of these opportunities.
The Marcus Fellowship, however, is awarded once a year to a graduate student who is in the process of writing a thesis on an historical archaeology topic, and requires students to submit an application for consideration by the Department.
The following opportunities are currently available to provide financial assistance for students in the Department of Anthropology. Please contact the department with any questions.
- T.T. Wentworth, Jr. Scholarship (awarded every other year)*
- Delchamps Scholarship*
- UWF Bookstore Award for textbooks*
- Merit Scholarship*
- Pace Scholarship*
- Two 3-Year Graduate Assistantships including tuition (for incoming students)*
- 1 for Public Archaeology (FPAN Assistantship Application)*
- 1 for Archaeology*
- Six 1-Academic Year Graduate Assistantships (1 reserved for incoming student)*
- Five 1-Academic Year Research Assistantships (1 reserved for incoming student)*
- Three Graduate Teaching Assistantships, offered by semester*
- Marcus Fellowship in Historical Archaeology (application required, thesis stage only) - MarcusFellowship
*Awarded by Department
Also see the UWF Financial Aid website.