The UWF primary logo is the institution’s central identity mark. It is the foundation of our visual identity system and has been carefully crafted to present a distinctive, simple and timeless image of UWF. In order to maintain consistency, the standards for use of the University of West Florida’s official primary logo are as follows:
- The UWF primary logo should never be recreated or emulated and alterations are prohibited. This includes alterations to the text within the logo, the line element below “West” and the proportions of all elements. Please refer to improper usage for more details.
- The UWF primary logo may be portrayed in two-color or one-color versions. All exceptions must be approved in advance on a case-by-case basis by Institutional Communications.
- Two-color primary logo: The two-color version consists of UWF Blue for the text, with the the line element in Nautilus Blue. This is the primary color configuration to be used whenever possible.
- One-color primary logo: When using the one-color options, UWF Blue, black and white are the only permitted color variations. UWF Blue should be used as the primary color choice whenever possible.
- The UWF primary logo may not be used as a background for text or graphics and must be surrounded by the official clear area, as noted below. Do not place text over the logo or add elements from the logo to other graphics or illustrations. Please refer to the section below regarding the standards for the official clear area.
- The UWF primary logo is scalable. The stacked version should never be reproduced at sizes smaller than 1 inch in width, and the horizontal version should never be reproduced at sizes smaller than 2 inches in width. The orientation, either stacked or horizontal, should be selected based on the space allotted for the logo.
Official Clear Area
All University logos and official identifiers are to be surrounded by a clear area. This is the protected area around the logos. No other graphics or words are to overprint, touch or appear in this clear area. To ensure that clear space is maintained around the logo for legibility, text and graphics must follow the standard illustrated here. Use the height of the letter “F” in the UWF primary logo as a measuring tool to help maintain an appropriate clear area.