Top Ten Reasons to UWF
Here are 10 reasons why UWF is a first choice institution.
1. Nationally-Recognized Majors and Programs: With 70+ academic programs, UWF offers a variety of nationally recognized academic opportunities. We focus on hands-on learning, internships and research. Learn more at uwf.edu/academics.
2. Location: Located on the beautiful Gulf Coast of Florida, in Pensacola, we are less than 3 hours from Tallahassee, less than 3 hours from New Orleans and less than 4 hours from Birmingham. The UWF campus is just minutes away from downtown Pensacola and the world's best beaches. Learn more about visiting the Pensacola area.
3. Small Class Sizes: At UWF, small class sizes provide endless opportunities for hands-on learning within a collaborative environment. Get more UWF facts & figures.
- 12,798 Students
- 22 to 1: Average faculty-to-student ratio
- 87% of classes hold less than 60 students
- 8% of classes hold between 60 and 99 students
- 3% of classes hold between 100 and 169 students
- Lower-level class size average: 39
- Upper-level class size average: 23
- Average Freshmen class size: 34
4. Committed to High-Impact Practices: Our dedicated faculty members take every opportunity to interact with students both inside and outside of the classroom. Whether exploring centuries-old shipwrecks in our Maritime Archaeology Program, preparing a public relations campaign for a real-life client, or developing fully functioning robots to compete nationally, UWF students gain practical experience working side-by-side with professors who are the best at what they do.
5. Professors Who Know Your Name: UWF’s small class sizes provide unparalleled opportunities for professors and students to work together within a close-knit environment. Our caring faculty and staff spend time getting to know their students. Learn more about why our world-class faculty choose UWF.
6. Beautiful Campus: Situated on a beautiful 1,600 acre campus, UWF offers a learning environment like no other. As a student, you can study under towering, moss-draped oaks, take a leisurely jog on one of numerous nature trails or hop in a canoe and paddle along the river in UWF’s Edward Ball Nature Trail. See for yourself, schedule a visit today!
7. Modern Facilities: One of the perks of being part of a vibrant and growing institution like UWF is making use of its new, state-of-the-art facilities. Two modern residence halls, the College of Business Education Center, the Science and Engineering Building, and the Health, Leisure and Sports Facility are the newest additions to UWF’s expanding campus landscape. See for yourself, take our virtual tour!
8. Student Life: With more than 200 student organizations to choose from, there are plenty of ways to get involved. From Greek life to volunteering, our organizations provide a great way to make friends, give back to the local community, and have fun. Learn more about life as an Argonaut!
9. Authentic and Affordable: UWF offers one of the most affordable tuition plans in Florida, while upholding first-class academic programs, engaged faculty and unmatched student life experiences. Last year UWF awarded nearly $99 million in undergraduate financial aid, and 75% of our students benefit from this. Learn more about cost & aid at UWF.
10. Career Connections: UWF students have numerous opportunities to network with working professionals and alumni, building connections that will serve them well beyond college. Participation in internships, co-ops, study abroad experiences, conferences and more help students connect with future employers. Additionally, the UWF Career Center provides resources and one-on-one mentoring to help students transition from college to career.