Freshmen Student President's Scholarship Competitions
A one day competition where freshmen students compete for UWF's most prestigious scholarships. Congratulations to the 8 fall 2014 freshmen receiving full rides.
Dates and Details
- Friday, November 14th, 2014 (1st of 2)
- Friday, January 23rd, 2015 (2nd of 2)
- Check-in Time: 9:00-10:00 a.m. CST
- Check-in Location: Bldg. 22, Conference Center (.pdf)
- Parking: Lot K (.pdf)
The annual President’s Scholarship Competition is designed to recognize incoming students who excel in merit, leadership & community service.
Students selected for the competition must be traditional-age, incoming freshman, admitted to the University of West Florida prior to the scholarship priority deadline of December 1, 2014. The competition is by invitation only. Students are automatically considered for invitation once they are offered admission. Once invited, the student will need to complete the competition application in order to be considered.
- Top Awards: Pace Presidential Scholarships, in conjunction with FL bright futures, this scholarship will cover a student's full tuition & fees and on-campus room & board for 4 years, totaling over $50,000. Additionally, the scholarship provides a $600 stipend per semester for book expenses.
- The President’s Scholarship Competitions will take place in the Fall & Spring during 2014-2015, in order to be considered for the:
- Fall 2014 (1st of 2) competition (November 14th, 2014), you should apply and be admitted to the University of West Florida no later than October 15th, 2014.
- Spring 2015 (2nd of 2) competition (January 23rd, 2015), you should apply and be admitted to the University of West Florida no later than December 1st, 2014.
- Once invited to compete, you must complete the President’s Scholarship Competition application and return it by the date listed on your invitation.
- You must participate in the on-campus competition (no exceptions).
- The competition will include an interview with a faculty member.
Special Accommodations for ADA
Pursuant to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any person requiring special accommodations are requested to advise UWF by contacting the UWF ADA Compliance Office at (850) 474-2694 (voice) or (850) 857-6114 (TTY) at least 72 hours prior to the event.
Questions or Need Help? Contact Me
Florida Counties (Central Florida):
Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Lake, Manatee, Orange, Osceola, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Sarasota, Seminole, Sumter
States/Regions (Central U.S.):
District of Colombia (DC), Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin
Create Your Experience at UWF
Expect to work hard and play hard. Expect to share knowledge. Expect to leave inspired and ready to excel. Ready to start your journey?Apply Now
Seeing is Believing
We welcome prospective students, their families and friends to campus for tours Monday through Friday.Visit UWF
Connect with Us
Come connect with us to uncover all the opportunities we have waiting for you. Learn, discover, explore and have fun!Connect with Us