Freshmen President's Scholarship Competitions
A one day competition where freshmen students compete for the University's most prestigious scholarships.
- Friday, December 2nd, 2016
- Friday, January 20th, 2017 or February 3rd, 2017
- Check-in Time: 8:15-9:15 a.m. CST
- End Time: 4:00 p.m. CST
- Check-in Location: Bldg. 22, Conference Center (.pdf)
- Parking: Lot K (.pdf)
The annual President’s Scholarship Competition is designed to recognize incoming students who excel in merit, leadership & community service.
- Pace Presidential Scholarship | Value: $50,000+
In conjunction with Florida Bright Futures, this scholarship can cover a student’s on-campus room and board, tuition and a $600 book stipend during their college career. Only Florida residents can be considered for the competition.
- All students who attend who are not awarded the Pace Presidential Scholarship will still receive an admissions scholarship.
- Pace Honors Presidential Scholarship | Value: $50,000+
- In conjunction with Florida Bright Futures, this scholarship provides the same features as the Pace Presidential Scholarship and additionally offers students monies for an educational experience (aka study abroad). Only Florida residents can be considered for the competition.
- Only Florida residents are eligible for the competition.
- Students selected for the competition must be traditional-age, incoming freshmen.
- The competition is invitation only.
- You must participate in the on-campus competition (no exceptions).
- The competition will include an interview with a faculty member.
- Those invited to attend will be asked to submit an essay. A prompt will be provided.
- Students will also be required to submit a ZeeMee profile prior to the competition.
- Students are automatically considered for invitation once they are offered admission. Once invited, the student will need to complete the RSVP (sent via email & postal mail).
- Students must have completed their application by the deadline & be offered admission by the decision date falling prior to the competition.
|Application Completion Deadline||Decision Date||Scholarship Competition|
|Nov. 1||Nov. 10||Dec. 2, 2016|
|Jan. 1||Jan. 10||Jan. 20, 2017|
|Jan. 1||Jan. 10||Feb. 3, 2017|
Special Accommodations for ADA
Pursuant to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any person requiring special accommodations are requested to advise UWF by contacting the UWF ADA Compliance Office at (850) 474-2694 (voice) or (850) 857-6114 (TTY) at least 72 hours prior to the event.