Transfer Students

We’re excited that you are considering transferring to UWF. We welcome transfer students that are looking to continue their collegiate career and are committed to helping them reach their future aspirations.

Applying as a Transfer Student

Students with more than 12 college credit hours earned after high school graduation are considered transfer students.

  1. Complete and submit your Transfer application.
  2. Submit the $30 nonrefundable application fee.
  3. Request from all colleges / universities you have attended to send your official transcripts to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
  4. If less than 60 credit hours, students are also required to submit:
    • Official high school transcript.
    • Official SAT and/or ACT plus writing scores.

When you have questions your Transfer Admissions Counselor is just a phone call or email away. Please let us know how we can help you.

Please note: It is the responsibility of the applicant to request official transcripts be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions from every college and university attended. Request that your current name and Social Security Number be added to the transcript if necessary. Transcripts or academic records bearing the statement "Issued to Student," transcripts submitted by the applicant, or faxed transcripts are not considered official. All transcripts become the sole property of the University.

Transfer Admission Requirements

Transferring with an A.A. degree or more than 60 transferable hours 

Students must possess a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.00 for consideration.  Students must also demonstrate a 2.00 GPA at the most recent institution prior to enrolling at UWF.

Transferring to UWF with less than 60 transferable hours 

Students must possess a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.00 for consideration.  Students must also demonstrate a 2.00 GPA at the most recent institution prior to enrolling at UWF. Students with less than 60 transferable hours must also meet the freshman admission requirements, including standardized testing (ACT/SAT) requirements and high school completion standards. 

Transferring Associate Degrees

Completing an AA Degree at a Florida Institution

Students who complete the Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree within the state of Florida from a Florida public college will have already met the University's General Studies requirements for graduation.

Completing an AS/AAS Degree at a Florida Institution

Completion of an A.S./A.A.S. degree from within the state of Florida is different from completing the Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree at the same institution. Often, A.S./A.A.S. curricula is targeted to technical career focused outcomes. These degrees often do not include the academic core curriculum that is found in the A.A. degree program.

Receiving an AA Degree at the time of High School Graduation

Many high school students graduate with an A.A. degree at the same time of receiving their high school diploma.  The Board of Governors for the State University System requires UWF to classify these students as First Time in College students. Because of the state requirement these students are eligible for first year student benefits, such as scholarship opportunities and first year student resources. At UWF these students still receive credit for their A.A. degree and earned credit hours to use toward their degree.

Create Your Experience at UWF

Expect to work hard and play hard. Expect to share knowledge. Expect to leave inspired and ready to excel. Ready to start your journey?

Apply Now

Request More Info

Do you want to experience the UWF spirit and history in the making? When you request more information you will be able to get the latest and the greatest announcements, exciting news and information on U-Dub activities.

Request More Info