Each semester, students from every continent study at UWF. We believe that sharing of cultures and ideas begins with exposing students to people from various, diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Applying as an International Student
- Apply for Admission as a Freshman/Transfer student.
- Submit the $30 application fee.
- Submit official copies of any/all academic work (secondary school and any post-secondary college or university) to a credential evaluation company for a course by course credit evaluation with grade point average calculation. Students should request that the credentialing agency send both the evaluation report and the official transcripts be submitted to us directly once completed. (if applicable, transcripts should be translated to English).
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS test results, which measures your English proficiency, directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at UWF. Some students may require the Intensive English Program before they will be admitted. In those cases, a conditional admission is possible.
- Contact the UWF International Student Office for international student costs, potential scholarship opportunities, and student visa information.
Conditional Admission Option
Students who have most of their application in order can be awarded a conditional admission decision for a future term of entry. These conditions are used for students who require additional English language study before they can enroll at UWF. Students must show that they meet minimum admission requirements as a Freshman/Transfer student with the exception of the English language proficiency.
The conditional admission is arranged in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions on the students’ behalf, and the conditional admission letter can be used by the student to help increase the likelihood that the visa will be granted to enter the United States. Students who receive a conditional admission will be expected to enroll in the UWF Intensive English Program to finalize their English proficiency.