Freshman Admissions Requirements
Each student receives a comprehensive review of their student application portfolio. We strive to recruit a culturally diverse class and value what an individual can contribute to the UWF community.
Our incoming freshmen typically have an average high school GPA of 3.61, ACT of 24, and SAT of 1550 (M+CR+W). We understand that our prospective students and their families have questions. An Admissions Counselor works with each applicant. Please don't hesitate to contact them if you have questions.
Those who successfully gain acceptance typically have engaged in a rigorous college preparatory curriculum (listed below), hold a competitive grade point average, and possess strong SAT or ACT scores.
- High School Academic Courses: Eligible candidates will have the following courses completed in these subject areas at the time of high school graduation:
- 4 units – English
- 4 units – Math (Algebra I and above)
- 3 units – Natural Science
- 3 units – Social Science
- 2 units – Foreign Language - Level 1 & 2 (same language)
- 2 units – Electives from areas above
- Official SAT or ACT scores are required for an admission decision. We superscore, which means, we will take the best sub sectional scores from each ACT or SAT you submit. Therefore, you should submit all SAT or ACT scores for consideration.
- Optional Items:
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal Essay
- Resume - summary of involvement & leadership
- ZeeMee - Share your story and how you could add to our Argonaut community. We have partnered with ZeeMee.com, a free social media service for prospective college students that helps promote your individuality to Universities through videos, pictures, and documents. Create your ZeeMee page & then copy/paste your link in your Splash Portal so that we can get to know you better.