Transferring & Advising
You'll have access to continuous academic advising from both UWF and state college partners to lead you on the path to earn a Bachelor's degree.
When a student is accepted to a 2UWF program, the 2UWF Coordinator, along with the state college advisor, will work directly with each student to recommend courses that will meet the requirements for an Associate of Arts degree, but will also provide the most effective transfer of credits to the student's chosen bachelor's degree.
Academic advising will be ongoing throughout the student's enrollment in the 2UWF program and continue through their enrollment at UWF. Students will need to follow the steps below to ensure a seamless transition from a 2UWF partner institution to UWF.
Timeline for Transferring and Advising
0-15 Credit Hours Earned
- Meet with your GCSC, NWFSC, or TCC academic advisor
- Complete a 2UWF Joint Admissions Agreement & Declaration of Past Conduct (PDF) form from the 2UWF Coordinator
- If not already declared, begin exploring academic majors at UWF
15-30 Credit Hours Earned
- Declare a major at 24 credits or before
- Meet with your GCSC, NWFSC, or TCC academic advisor to review your degree audit and progress toward obtaining an Associate of Arts degree and Bachelor's degree requirements
- The 2UWF Coordinator will set up a specific time to meet a UWF Transfer Academic Advisor (credit hours and times will vary per student)
45 Credit Hours Earned
- Meet with your GCSC, NWFSC, or TCC academic advisor to review your degree audit and check progress toward graduation
- Apply for graduation at GCSC, NWFSC, or TCC by the established application deadline
- Verify admission to UWF through your MyUWF student portal