There are many great reasons why we stand out. Here are 10 that make the top of our list.
Top 10 Reasons to Choose UWF
1) Nationally-Recognized Majors and Programs: With more than 45 undergraduate degree programs, UWF offers a wide variety of nationally recognized majors and programs for students to select from, with an emphasis on experiential learning opportunities and career-launching internships.
2) Location: Located on the beautiful Gulf Coast of Florida, UWF is just minutes away from downtown Pensacola and the world's best beaches. UWF is conveniently close to both I-10 and I-65. The university's main campus in Pensacola is only 3 hours from Tallahassee, less than 4 hours from New Orleans, 4.5 hours from Birmingham and about 5 hours from Atlanta.
3) Small Class Sizes: At UWF, small class sizes provide endless opportunities for hands-on learning within a collaborative environment.
- 82% of classes hold less than 60
- 7% of classes hold over 100
- 3% of classes hold over 170
- Upper-level class size average: 25
- Freshman class size average: 34
4) Committed to High Impact Practices: Our dedicated faculty members take every opportunity to interact with students both inside and outside of the classroom. Whether exploring centuries-old shipwrecks in our Maritime Archaeology Program, preparing a public relations campaign for a real-life client, or developing fully functioning robots to compete nationally, UWF students gain practical experience working side-by-side with professors who are the best at what they do.
5) Professors Who Know Your Name: UWF’s small class sizes provide unparalleled opportunities for professors and students to work together within a close-knit environment. Our caring faculty and staff spend time getting to know their students. They are committed to guiding you through college and down your own successful career path.
6) Beautiful Campus: Situated on a beautiful 1,600 acre campus that is a learning environment like no other. As a student at UWF, you can study under towering, moss-draped oaks, take a leisurely jog on one of numerous nature trails or hop in a canoe and paddle along the river in UWF’s Edward Ball Nature Trail.
7) Modern Facilities: One of the perks of being part of a vibrant and growing institution like UWF is making use of its new, state-of-the-art facilities. Two modern residence halls, the College of Business Education Center, the Science and Engineering Building, and the Health, Leisure and Sports Facility are the newest additions to UWF’s expanding campus landscape.
8) Student Life: With over 170 student organizations to choose from, there are plenty of ways to get involved. From Greek life to volunteering, our organizations provide a great way to make friends, give back to the local community, and have fun.
9) Authentic and Affordable: UWF offers one of the most affordable tuition plans in Florida, while upholding first-class academic programs, engaged faculty and unmatched student life experiences. Last year UWF awarded nearly $99 million in undergraduate financial aid, and 71% of our students benefit from this. Learn more about cost & aid at UWF.
10) Career Connections: UWF students have numerous opportunities to network with working professionals and alumni, building connections that will serve them well beyond college. Participation in internships, co-ops, study abroad experiences, conferences and more help students connect with future employers. Additionally, the UWF Career Center provides resources and one-on-one mentoring to help students transition from college to career.
Create Your Experience at UWF
Expect to work hard and play hard. Expect to share knowledge. Expect to leave inspired and ready to excel. Ready to start your journey?Apply Now
Seeing is Believing
We welcome prospective students, their families and friends to campus for tours Monday through Friday.Visit UWF