Apply to be a Splash Guard (Orientation Leader)
2018 Splash Guard (Orientation Leader) Job Description
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Job Description: Splash Guards (Orientation Leaders) are responsible for welcoming and orienting incoming students and families to UWF at SplashDown New Student Orientation throughout the summer. This includes, but not limited to, informing new students about all campus resources, involvement opportunities, and campus policies, while also serving as a role model and mentor to these incoming students as they make their transition to college. Splash Guards must possess good communication skills, take initiative, be task-oriented, open to change and new opportunities, organized, and must support the mission, vision, and goals of the Office of Undergraduate Admission and the Division of Enrollment Affairs. Splash Guards must demonstrate effective leadership skills and abilities as they welcome incoming students and families.
- Must be a current student and plan to enroll in classes for Spring and Fall 2018
- Must possess and maintain at least a 2.50 GPA and be in good academic standing through Spring 2018
- Must live on campus in the residence hall throughout the summer
- Must serve during duty rotations in the residence hall throughout the summer
- Must attend and work all mandatory training and orientation events
- Must attend Admitted Students Day on April 21st
- Must attend the Splash Guard Premiere in May
- Must perform all other necessary duties as assigned
- Must possess a sincere desire to serve UWF’s incoming students and families
- Must demonstrate an understanding and show insight for the purpose of orientation
- Must demonstrate effective leadership skills and abilities
- Must support all University policies and procedures, faculty, and staff
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a public setting and within a team environment
- Must be reliable, responsible, punctual, team-oriented, willing to learn, flexible, and professional while representing UWF to incoming students and families
- Housing for Summer 2018 valued at approximately $2,200
- 12 2-hour spring training sessions (November-April) at $8.25/hour
- Summer (May-July) salary of $1000
- Meals provided during sessions
- Uniform polos and other swag items valued at approximately $100
- $8.25/hour for final August sessions
Applications will open on Tuesday, September 6th and must be completed online at jobs.uwf.edu by Friday, September 22nd.
Application Must Include:
1. Completed Application
2. Statement indicating why you want to be a Splash Guard (one page maximum)
*Any seniors interested in applying must plan to enroll in classes for Fall 2018.
ADA Statement: The University of West Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Disabled/Veteran employer. Any individual requiring special accommodation to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting UWF Human Resources at 1-850-474-2694 (voice) or 1-850-857-6158 (TTY). A criminal background check is required for successful candidates. E-Verify requirements may apply for employment in certain positions. All applications for employment at the University are subject to Florida public records law.