In order to verify a student's eligibility for academic accommodations, a Semester Request Form must be submitted to Student Accessibility Resources each semester. It is the student's responsibility to contact the instructor at the beginning of the semester to discuss academic accommodations in the course, including appropriate testing accommodations.
Requesting Accommodated Testing
- If the instructor is unable to provide testing accommodations, the student must submit an accommodated test request form a minimum of five (5) business days prior to scheduled test date (or deadline set by testing services for final exam requests) to ensure proper coordination of accommodations so that the exam can be proctored the same day/same time as the class. The form is located in MyUWF by searching “SAR Accommodate Student Portal” and selecting the “Exam Booking” tab. **If the test request is not received by the deadline, neither Testing Services nor the instructor is obligated to provide the testing accommodation. Late requests are subject to approval by both the instructor and Testing Services.
- Final exams MUST be scheduled during university final exam time blocks and prior to the deadline provided via SAR registration notices and emails.
- Once the request is received and processed, both the instructor and the student will receive written confirmation of the test date and time.
- Exams are administered at UWF Testing Services during the scheduled class time unless prior notification of a different date/time is approved by the instructor. Evening exams must end by 8:45 pm. Depending on the availability of Testing Services space, make-up exams can only be facilitated during regular business hours.
Online Exam Accommodations
- The student should email the instructor at least two days prior to the test/quiz date to remind him/her of the approved extended test time.
- If the online test will be proctored by Testing Services, follow instructions for requesting accommodated testing (see above)