Thank you for your interest in recruiting at the University of West Florida (UWF)! UWF offers over 70 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, and Community & Employer Engagement is here to assist you in connecting with our students and alumni and building your brand on campus.
Building a Presence on Campus
UWF Community & Employer Engagement offers a variety of programs to help employers find the right employee. Our comprehensive, centralized Career Development & Community Engagement office works with UWF’s five academic colleges, more than 13,000 students, as well as our alumni to assist organizations in finding the right “fit” for their positions.
To begin building your brand on campus, please click on the thumbnail in the left column to review our Employer Guide and consult with our employer engagement team by calling 850.474.2254.
- Post Positions - Handshake is an online database allowing employers to post positions (full-time, part-time, seasonal, internships, volunteer, Co-op), and register for career events. Open positions will only be posted through our Handshake system and are available to all UWF students and alumni. Students and alumni can send their resumes directly to you via their Handshake account. Handshake account registration and postings are absolutely free! Visit Handshake at UWF website for more information.
Handshake at UWF
Once you create your profile, a staff member will activate your account so you can post jobs and register for events. Accounts are activated during regular business hours.
- Attend a Recruiting Event - UWF Community & Employer Engagement hosts a variety of career fairs and events every fall and spring semester. These events are open to all majors and disciplines and are a great way for students and alumni to network with recruiters from a variety of industries. For a list of upcoming events, visit the Events Page.
- Meet and Greets - Consider scheduling a Meet and Greet to educate students about your organization and network. If this is your first time on campus, hosting a Meet and Greet is crucial (virtual info sessions are available) to building your organization's brand. Contact Employer Engagement Coordinator, Julie Rettig (firstname.lastname@example.org), to schedule your Meet & Greet.
- Internship or Co-op - Cooperative education (Co-op) and internships are supervised career-related work experiences. Co-ops generally last three or more semesters, while an internship is one semester. Consider building internships and Co-ops into your organization’s recruiting structure to create a pipeline to employment!
- Partner With Us - Each year, the Community & Employer Engagement team hosts a variety of exciting educational programs for our students and alumni. We welcome you to partner with us on these programs through our #iHireUWF Employer Partnership Program. Visit the Partner With Us page to learn more about our #iHireUWF Employer Partnership Program.
Partner With Us Page
- Outreach - Developing relationships will make a difference in your recruitment strategy. Consult with the Community & Employer Engagement team to develop strategies for building your brand and maximizing your recruiting efforts!
Request A Consult