Argo Adventure Kids Camp Guide
Our goal is to provide the highest quality day camp for Pensacola area children. We strive to provide developmentally appropriate activities to promote life-long learning of skills. The skills are experienced in recreation and outdoor settings to encourage each child to explore fun and diverse activities.
Materials Needed for Registration
Please complete all of these items for each child attending the camp.
- Online Registration Form
- Individual Participant Release (Complete with your child and return)
- Pay the deposit for each week for which you are registering your child.
- Deposits are not refundable or transferable.
- Your child's spot is not secure until you have paid the deposit.
- Pay the remaining balance for each week by the Monday before the session.
Clothing and Shoes - Campers should come to Argo Adventure Kids Camp dressed for a full day of activity. We recommend outdoor activity clothes and athletic shoes (No sport-sandals or open-toed shoes). Please survey what your child brings to camp in the morning to avoid lost items.
Swimming Gear - Campers will have the opportunity to use the University Aquatic Facility almost every day. Therefore, make sure your camper(s) pack a swimsuit and towel (labeled with their name) each day in case he/she gets to enjoy the pool or another water activity.
Water Bottle - Water is a vital component when physically active, especially in the Florida climate. Parents, please be sure to provide your camper(s) with a water bottle/squeeze bottle each day, labeled with your child’s name.
Sunblock - Outdoor activities are a major component to the Argo Adventure Kids Camp experience. Make sure your camper(s) has adequate protection from the sun. We recommend applying sunblock (SPF #15 or higher recommended) on your child prior to arrival. Sending additional sunblock with your camper(s) is also highly recommended.
Backpack/Gym Bag - A backpack, gym or book bag is recommended for your child’s belongings. Please label all of your camper’s items with his or her name.
Additional Information - If necessary, the summer camp’s staff reserves the right to search a child’s belongings (with another staff member present) for the safety of the child, as well as the other participants. Parental notification will be prior to or after the search depending on the situation.
Your child’s day will begin and end at the Health, Leisure and Sports Facility (bldg. 72). Activities will take place at various indoor and outdoor locations on campus. Regularly scheduled swimming will be held at the University Aquatics Center located on campus. The rock climbing wall will also be utilized, located in the HLS Facility (bldg. 72).
- Check-in will take place at the HLS Facility Lobby (bldg. 72).
- Check-in will be from 7:30 a.m.-8:50 a.m.
- You must escort your child(ren) into the Lobby and sign them in.
- Please put the parking pass in your front dashboard while checking in your child(ren). You must be parked in a legal parking space.
- Staff is not available until 7:30 a.m.
- Be advised that we cannot be responsible for your child until this time.
ALL late arrivals (after 8:50 a.m.) are handled at the Recreation and Wellness Office, located in bldg. 72. Upon arrival, parent/child should check in with the administrative office assistant and sign in on the clipboard located at the reception desk.
- Advanced notice must be given to the Camp Director(s) at check-in the day of, at the latest, in order to accommodate an early departure.
- Early departures include campers who must leave before 4:30 p.m.
- ALL early departures are handled at the Recreation and Wellness Office, located in bldg. 72.
- Advanced notice is necessary due to the time it takes to prepare the campers for checkout in the middle of daily activities.
- Everyone who is approved to pick-up the camper will be required to sign him/her out in the Recreation and Wellness Office and present a government-issued ID at the time of pickup.
- Check-out will be conducted from 4:30-5:30 p.m. Checkout will take place at the HLS Facility Lobby (bldg 72).
- The main contact for each participant is responsible for adding people to the approved pick-up list.
- Everyone who is approved to pick-up the camper will be required to sign him/her out in the HLS Facility Lobby and present a government issued ID at the time of pickup.
Check-Out Late Fees
- Campers should be checked out by 5:30 p.m.
- If a camper is not picked up by this time, a late fee of $5.00 for the first 15 minutes will be charged.
- After the first 15 minutes, the late fee will be $1.00 for each additional minute.
Parents will initially pay the $20 deposit for each week for which your child is registered. Be sure that you are certain of the dates you want your child to attend camp. After paying the deposit, your child will have a secured spot for that week of camp. DEPOSITS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE OR TRANSFERABLE. The remaining balance must be paid by the Monday before (1 week) the session begins. If payment is not received by that Monday, the waitlist will have the opportunity to have the spot.
Payment Example: if you register your child for weeks 2, 4 and 6, a deposit for weeks 2, 4 and 6 is due at the time of registration. The remaining balance for weeks 2, 4 and 6 will be due on the Monday before (1 week) each respective session. If payment is not received by that Monday, the waitlist will have the opportunity to pay for the spot. The open spots will be first come, first served. If you are registering and/or paying for a camper after the late fee date, there will be a late fee of $10 per child assessed.
|Session/Camp Week||Payment Due Date||Late Fee Date*|
|Week 1: May 28-May 31||May 20th by 11:59 p.m.||May 24th|
|Week 2: June 3-7||May 27th by 11:59 p.m.||May 31st|
|Week 3: June 10-14||June 3rd by 11:59 p.m.||June 7th|
|Week 4: June 17-21||June 10th by 11:59 p.m.||June 14th|
|Week 5: June 24-28||June 17th by 11:59 p.m.||June 21st|
|Week 7: July 8-12||July 1st by 11:59 p.m.||July 5th|
|Week 8: July 15-19||July 8th by 11:59 p.m.||July 12th|
|Week 9: July 22-26||July 15th by 11:59 p.m.||July 19th|
|Week 10: July 29-Aug 2||July 22nd by 11:59 p.m.||July 26th|
* The $10 late fee for each respective camp session is applied on these dates.
AAKC will accept 100 campers each week. When 100 deposits have been collected, the additional children wishing to attend that session will be placed on a waitlist. The parents who have paid the deposit have until the Monday before the session begins in order to pay their remaining balance for that week. On Tuesday before the session begins, any unpaid spots will be opened up to the waitlist and be available on a first come, first served basis.
Example: 5 spots have not been paid in full by the Monday before the session begins. The waitlist will be notified and the first 5 campers to pay the deposit and the remaining balance will be awarded the spot.
Late Payment Fees
If a camper wishes to participate in a week that was not paid for in full by 11:59 p.m. on the Thursday prior to that week, a $10 late fee per child will be added onto that week’s total.
Camp fees can be paid in person by cash, check or credit card. Checks should be made payable to the University of West Florida.
You can view online the amount you have spent on summer camp by logging in to recreation.uwf.edu. The directions on how to view your statement is listed below:
Follow this link to download the AAKC Guide 2019 in PDF format.
Additional Information for Parents
Additional information is available on topics that are important to parents, such as medication, accidents & emergencies, illness, food, activities, valuables, discipline and contact information. Click the button or the image for details.Additional Information for Parents