The Japan Center at the University of West Florida fosters stronger ties between the U.S. and Japan through educational, cultural and business programs.
The Japan Center operates the activities of the Florida-Japan Linkage Institute, the Jikei-American Center , the UWF Japan House and the Japan-America Society of Northwest Florida.
The Center also executes credit and non-credit Japanese language instructions. Additionally, the Center plays an active role in promoting the sister-state relationship between the state of Florida and the prefecture of Wakayama in Japan as well as promoting the sister-city relationship between the city of Pensacola in Florida and the city of Gero in Japan.
The mission of the Japan Center at the University of West Florida is to develop and promote Japanese related academic, language, and cultural programs. The Center sponsors programs and activities designed to encourage UWF students, faculty and the greater Florida community to connect and engage with Japan in an increasingly internationally connected society.
Thanks to the generosity of the state of Florida and many friends and partners, the Japan House has become a reality on the University of West Florida campus.
The Japan House Provides:
- Educational space for Japanese language and culture
- Display space for beautiful Japanese artifacts and art
- A site for demonstrating Japanese culture and traditions
- A place to further friendships among those who appreciate and enjoy Japanese culture
- A center for the community to participate in university programs