Facts & Figures
- Undergraduate Headcount: 10,064
- Graduate Headcount: 2,915
- Total Headcount: 12,979
Student Body Profile
UWF General Population
- Age Range – 14-90
- Median Age – 23
- Males – 5,226
- Females – 7,753
- Part-time % – 41%
- Full-time % – 59%
Leading Florida Counties
- Santa Rosa
- North Carolina
- New York
- United States
- United Kingdom (Great Britain)
Average Class Size
- Freshmen (1000-level courses) Average Class Size: 31
- Lower-Level Average Class Size: 35
- Upper-Level Average Class Size: 24
Class sizes are based on the Pensacola campus. Freshman-level courses are those that are identified as 1000-level courses. Lower-level courses are those that are identified as 1000- or 2000-level courses. Upper-level courses are those that are identified as 3000- or 4000-level courses.
FTIC students who started in Fall 2015 and returned in Fall 2016.
*APR measures the percent of FTIC students that return with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Tuition & Fees
Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (Per Credit Hour)
- Florida Resident: $211.98
- Alabama Resident: $316.98
- Non-Florida Resident: $641.37
Graduate Tuition & Fees (Per Credit Hour)
- Florida Resident: $377.60
- Alabama Resident: $482.60
- Non-Florida Resident: $1,037.24
Differential Out-Of-State Tuition
The University of West Florida has been authorized to offer qualified residents of Alabama a special out-of-state tuition rate. Qualification is based upon documented evidence of legal residence in the State of Alabama for at least 12 months prior to the first day of classes.
- Total UWF Alumni: 82,152
- Total Degrees Conferred: 93,803
- Total Alumni in Escambia, Santa Rosa and Okaloosa Counties: 33,764
- Alumni Living in Florida: 50,004
- UWF generates approximately $1.47 billion in total annual sales across the Florida economy.
- For every dollar of state funding and student tuition, UWF creates $5.99 in total spending impact.
- When factoring in UWF graduate earnings, the return on investment is $14.22 to the state economy.