Dual Enrollment at UWF
Dual Enrollment is a great way to get a jump start on earning college credit while in high school.
About Dual Enrollment at UWF
UWF is pleased to welcome talented high school students into our classrooms. Because the expectations for these students are equal to the expectations of our currently enrolled students, we look for Dual Enrollment students to be strong academically.
Interested students should contact their high school counselor to see if Dual Enrollment at UWF is an option for them.
Admission Requirements for Dual Enrollment
- Have at least Junior standing at your high school.
- Possess a minimum, unweighted GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Have already taken the SAT or ACT exams for a course that would require academic placement:
- SAT minimum scores: Critical Reading - 460; Math - 460; Writing - 450
- ACT minimum scores: Reading - 19; Math - 20; English/Writing (EW) - 18
- PERT minimum Scores: Reading - 104; Mathematics - 113; Writing - 99
Apply for Dual Enrollment
- Complete and submit the Dual Enrollment Application (.pdf) for your desired term of entry.
- Complete the Dual Enrollment Approval Form (.pdf) with your school counselor to identify the specific courses of interest. (It is recommended to choose a few courses, as some courses are not always available.)
- Submit a completed Immunization Health History Form which is your proof of Immunizations, consisting of:
- Proof of MMR (measles/mumps/rubella) immunizations or shot records
Proof of immunizations must be received for students to be registered for classes.
In accordance with the requirements of Florida law (Section 119.071, Florida Statutes), the University of West Florida collects social security numbers only if specifically authorized or required by law or if imperative for the performance of the University’s duties and responsibilities. As indicated in this form, the University prefers that you use your Student ID number in lieu of the SSN. However, if you do not know your Student ID, the SSN must be used for matching purposes. In such event the use of the SSN is a business imperative and is authorized for collection under Section 119.071(5)(a)(2)(a)(II), F.S. Please visit http://uwf.edu/uwfid/internal/policies.cfm for UWF’s policy on the use of social security numbers.
Questions, Help or Concerns?