Exceptional Student Education, M.A.
This 36 semester hour comprehensive program is designed to enhance the professional skills and knowledge of special educators in the classroom as well as help them advance their careers in agencies and private settings. The program can be completed entirely online. This program is not designed to fulfill requirements for initial certification.
Each student will choose a cognate area in conjunction with an advisor.
Exceptional and Alternative Educational Studies
Applied Behavior Analysis
In addition to the University graduate admission requirements described in the Graduate Admissions section of the UWF graduate catalog, the applicant must meet the minimum departmental admission requirements for regular admission.
• Submission of Graduate Application and Processing Fee
• Submission of official transcripts
*International students may have additional requirements.
Step-By-Step Application Procedures
• Hold or be seeking current professional teaching certification*
• Have earned a GPA of at least 3.0 on bachelor's degree**
• Submission of current official GRE or MAT scores**
• Submission of a letter of intent and contact information for two professional references here
*Candidates pursuing the Applied Behavior Analysis cognate or who intend to work in an agency setting rather than teach are not required to hold or be seeking current professional teaching certification.
**Applicants with an undergraduate GPA of less than 3.0 must submit a GRE verbal or MAT score that falls at or above the 50th percentile.