Computer Science, M.S.
The Computer Science program provides instruction in applied and theoretical computer science topics such as networks and communication devices, theory of computation, analysis of algorithms, programming languages, and operating systems.
The Computer Science specialization offers a flexible and innovative curriculum that blends theoretic foundations of Computer Science with state-of-the-art computing technologies. The program provides students with knowledge and skills in algorithmic programming, software development, and research of computational methods for creating innovative solutions. This specialization offers two focus areas in cybersecurity and data analytics, as well as other advanced topics in Computer Science. Learn more >
Database Systems (Online)
The Database Systems specialization is available fully online and emphasizes designing, implementing, maintaining, and administering large database systems. Students will become proficient in database programming and SQL (in Oracle and SQL Server). Students of this specialization will also be able to identify and utilize tools to be able to work with the vast amounts of data. Learn more >
Software Engineering (Online)
The Software Engineering (SE) specialization is available fully online and concentrates on software engineering concepts such as process, specification, analysis, design, implementation, verification, validation, software project management for the development of high-quality software systems that meet client needs. Learn more >
In addition to the University graduate admission requirements described in the Graduate Admissions section of the catalog, the department bases decisions for regular admission on a holistic review of credentials in which the criteria listed below are used to assess the potential success of each applicant.
• Submission of Graduate Application and Processing Fee
• Submission of official transcripts
*International students may have additional requirements.
• Submission of one of the following graduate admission test scores: GRE or MAT - Computer Science Specialization
• Submission of one of the following graduate admission test scores: GRE, MAT or GMAT - Database Systems and Software Engineering Specializations
• Undergraduate cumulative GPA
• Undergraduate degree major
• Submission of letter of intent
• Indication of applicant's ability to succeed in a graduate program as reflected in three letters of recommendation
Certain graduate programs have earlier application deadlines. Check with the graduate department for departmental specific deadlines.