The B.S.B.A. in Economics undergraduate degree program provides students with a comprehensive view of the area of economics in business, allowing them to apply a set of analytical tools to understand the interrelations between the economy and the business environment under different market conditions.
Many Economics graduates choose to attend graduate school, thereby enhancing their career opportunities. A major in Economics provides outstanding preparation for the MBA degree and an Economics degree is regarded as an excellent background to study Law or to pursue a Master in Economics degree.
There are two specializations offered within the B.S.B.A. in Economics:
- Global Economics Specialization - focuses on economic issues in an increasingly global market. One of the highlights of this specialization is a required semester abroad. You will spend at least one semester at a UWF partner university studying international economics on location!
- Comprehensive Economics Specialization - prepares you for a broad range of career positions in Economics or further graduate level study in related disciplines (e.g., Law). The opportunity to take four major-related electives gives you the flexibility to earn a Minor in virtually any field in which you could pursue a career that applies your Business and Economics knowledge (e.g., Environmental Policy, Labor Policy, Political Science, Aging Studies, Journalism, Health Care, etc.).
All students must complete the College of Business Core courses. In addition, all students must take the Economics Core courses. A grade of "C" or better is required on all courses. Each specialization requires students to take two 3000/4000 level major-related electives.
- Global Economics Degree Plan
- Global Economics Sequence Guide
- Comprehensive Economics Degree Plan
- Comprehensive Economics Sequence Guide
- Course Catalog
- Economics (Business) BSBA-ALC
Accredited by AACSB International
We are accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Fewer than 4.7% of business schools worldwide have earned this symbol of the highest standard in management education.
For additional information about the Economics undergraduate degree, or to schedule an appointment to speak to an advisor in the Department of Marketing and Economics, please feel free to contact us by email (email@example.com), or by phone (850-474-2652). To be better prepared to speak with the advisor, please print out and review the degree plan in which you are interested in pursuing.
Tour Our Campus!
What better place to launch your personal business plan than a place in the Florida sun? We invite you to visit the campus and judge for yourself. Guided campus tours are available on demand and leave from the Visitor's Center.Visit UWF
At UWF, we realize that each student has individual aspirations. That's why we offer a unique educational experience that paves the way for you to impact the world through an exciting career. Ready to start your journey?Apply Now