Non-Degree & Transient Student

Students who do not wish to seek a degree while at UWF, but wish to take classes should complete a Non-Degree or Transient student application.

Non-Degree Students

Non-degree candidates are not required to submit any transcripts for admission purposes. Although, many academic departments may need a student's unofficial transcript to show that a course pre-requisite has been satisfied.

One item on the non-degree application that is often overlooked is the section regarding Residency for Tuition Purposes. Please be sure to complete all sections of the non-degree application's residency section and be sure to provide evidence of residential status for your residency classification. Once cleared for Admission, non-degree students should learn more about the next steps in starting!

Non-Degree Students, please note:

  1. Non-degree students are not eligible to receive financial aid benefits.
  2. Current and continuing degree seeking students have course registration priority. Non-degree student registration opens after the open registration period has ended for degree seeking students. Learn more about academic registration periods
  3. Non-degree students (if moving to degree seeking status at UWF) are only able to transfer a maximum of 15 credits that were earned at UWF when classified as a Non-degree student.

Questions or Need Help? Contact Me

Freshman Student Admissions Counselor

Marvetta Nesbitt

Florida Counties (South Florida):
Brevard, Broward, Charlotte, Collier, Dade, Desoto, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Highlands, Indian River, Lee, Martin, Monroe, Okeechobee, Palm Beach, St. Lucie

States (West U.S.):
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

Contact Info:
P: (850) 474-2253
F: (850) 474-3360

Transient Students

The Transient Student process is designed for degree-seeking students who are actively enrolled at a Florida Public University or State/Community College. Students who have permission to enroll in courses at UWF can complete the Transient Student Application which is available online through Florida Virtual Campus,

For questions about applying as a transient student please contact the Office of the Registrar. Once cleared, transient students should learn more about completing their next steps in starting!

Questions or Need Help? Contact Me

Peck, Kim
Transient Student Counselor

Kim Peck

Specialty Student Population(s):
Transient Students (Temporarily attending UWF from a Florida public college or university)

Contact Info:
P: (850) 474-2249
F: (850) 473-7345